Subject: FW: Personal Invitation - 2025 State of Europe – 15-16 October, Brussels
From: "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>
To: "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2025 11:00:23 +0300

From:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > On Behalf 
Of Friends of Europe
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2025 4:40 PM
To: press - RK <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: [press] Personal Invitation - 2025 State of Europe – 15-16 October, 
Brussels

Dear Minister Keldo,

In an era of shifting geopolitical power, economic strength and security are 
inseparable. With rising global fractures, a new US administration, and 
intensifying competition, Europe faces a choice: shape its future or be 
shaped by others. In this context, we are delighted to invite you to the 
22nd edition of the 
<https://www.friendsofeurope.org/events/state-of-europe-2025-the-festival-of-politics-and-ideas-2025/> 
Festival of Politics and Ideas - State of Europe high-level roundtable, a 
fixture and highlight on the European calendar. This year’s State of Europe 
will explore how the EU can re-energise its economy, strengthen resilience, 
and assert leadership in an unpredictable world.

The festival takes place in Brussels and will consist of:

*       Day 1 - The President’s Gala Dinner – Wednesday 15 October 2025 
(18.30 onwards)

*       Day 2 - The State of Europe high-level roundtable – Thursday 16 
October 2025 (08.30-17.30)

The State of Europe is a wholly different beast and format from what you may 
see and experience. The State of Europe is an invitation-only, high-level 
roundtable and collective brainstorm, the strength of which lies precisely 
within the caliber of our discussants, who actively engage in all the 
conversations and brainstorms on the day.

Confirmed discussants among the 200+ representatives from 40+ countries that 
will join us include:

*       Antonio Costa, President of the European Council

*       Arthur Mensch, Co-Founder and CEO Mistral AI

*       Ilham Kadri, CEO of Syensqo

*       Jack Chambers, Irish Minister for Public Expenditure, 
Infrastructure, Public Services, Reform and Digitalisation

*       María Fernanda Espinosa, President of the 73rd UN General Assembly 
(UNGA)

*       Dmytro Kuleba, former Ukrainian minister of foreign affairs

*       Enrico Letta, Author of the Report on the Future of the Single 
Market, former Italian prime minister, President of the Jacques Delors 
Institute

*       Domna Michailidou, Greek Minister for Social Cohesion and Family 
Affairs

*       Mario Monti, former Italian prime minister, Trustee of Friends of 
Europe

*       Vasilisa Stepanenko, Pulitzer-winning journalist and producer of 
Oscar-winning documentary 20 Days in Mariupol

*       As well as members of European and national Parliaments, and more

You will find the programme 
<https://www.friendsofeurope.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2025/04/2025-State-of-Europe-Presidents-Dinner-Short-Programme.pdf> 
here and a description of what to expect, format and who’s in attendance 
every year 
<https://www.friendsofeurope.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2024/12/SOE_Brochure_2025.pdf> 
here.

To register, please complete the 
<https://friendsofeurope.my.site.com/Registration/s/state-of-europe-2025> 
online registration form.

Do you still have questions or would like to already book accommodation, 
have a look at this 
<https://www.friendsofeurope.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/Frequently_asked_questions-State-of-Europe-2025.pdf> 
FAQ document.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to let us know and we will 
happily support you.

With this in mind, we very much look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Geert Cami

Co-Founder & Secretary General

Friends of Europe

Nathalie FurrerDirector

Friends of Europe

Friends of Europe

Friends of Europe ‑ Connect. Debate. Change.

​The think tank for a more inclusive, sustainable and forward‑looking Europe

Transparency register 99436366768‑45

 <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

Square de Meeûs 5‑6

,

B‑1000 Brussels

 <https://twitter.com/FriendsofEurope>

 <https://www.linkedin.com/company/friends-of-europe/>

 <https://www.instagram.com/friendsofeurope/>

 <http://www.friendsofeurope.org/>